Garlic is a strong, pungent vegetable that can give any dish just the right kick. Not only does it have a unique flavouring that tingles your taste buds, garlic has many positive and immune boosting health benefits.
Time to break down the benefits you can receive from consuming garlic and how to grow your own supply right at home. Like I mentioned garlic can be a super food with medicinal benefits that will have you eating more and more especially if your growing it yourself. Garlic is jam packed with vitamins and is only around 42 calories. It’s rich in manganese, vitamin B6, Vitamin C, selenium, calcium, and potassium. That’s just naming a few.
- Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
- Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
- When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
- Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
- Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!